Text Assistant uses the power of AI to generate useful pieces of text for a variety of different use cases.
Text Assistant is not being actively maintained and still uses the old GPT APIs.
With Text Assistant, you can easily create your own prompts for your favorite use cases and quickly access them to turn your input into specific, targeted output. Whether you need to write a sales pitch, a blog post, or a letter to a loved one, Text Assistant has you covered.
I designed Text Assistant to be user-friendly and efficient, so you can save time and effort by letting AI do the heavy lifting for you. Give Text Assistant a try and experience the power of technology at your fingertips.
You can download it for free (just put 0 in the price box) or you can help me buy some new houseplants 🪴
- Add your own prompts for easy access
- Create unlimited prompt options and reuse them whenever you need them
- Add symbols to your prompts
- Quickly copy the output
- Easily share your custom prompts with friends through a url scheme
- Experimental Safari App Extension support to use your prompts on any content in Safari (right now limited to three built-in prompts)
- Adjust temperature and GPT model globally (you will be able to adjust per prompt in a future update)
- Connect directly with OpenAI for the lowest costs
- Gallery with example prompts to quickly add to your list
- Chat with (famous) people in conversation mode
🔜 Upcoming features
- Use on any text across macOS
- Adjust temperature, gpt model and maxTokens per prompt
- Use your custom prompts within Safari
- Design tweaks
- Assign keyboard shortcuts to individual prompts for global access
- Menu bar app (Ventura only)
- Shortcuts support
⚠️ Text Assistant requires you to add your own OpenAI API key. I chose this approach because this is the cheapest way to use OpenAI for you, the end user. I don't want to be a middle man charging extra money just to pass data from you to OpenAI.
Here's a good explanation on how to get your own API key.
iOS Version TestFlight
Text Assistant is also coming to iOS. Join the TestFlight here and let me know if you run into anything.