Quickly and easily transcribe audio files into text with OpenAI's state-of-the-art transcription technology Whisper. Whether you're recording a meeting, lecture, or other important audio, MacWhisper quickly and accurately transcribes your audio files into text.
- Easily record and transcribe audio files
- Just drag and drop audio files to get a transcription
- All transcription is done on your device, no data leaves your machine. This makes MacWhisper a good app for sensitive audio.
- .srt & .vtt subtitles export, csv export
- Get accurate text transcriptions in seconds (up to ~30x realtime)
- Search the entire transcript and highlight words
- Audio playback and syncing to transcripts
- Supports 100 different languages
- Copy the entire transcript or individual sections
- Reader Mode
- Star/Favorite segments
- Compact mode (hide timestamps)
- Automatically remove ums, uhhs and other similar filler words
- Drag and drop directly from Voice Memos
- Edit and delete segments from the transcript
- Select transcription language (or use auto detect)
- Supported formats: mp3, wav, m4a and mp4 videos.
- Supports Tiny and Base models
- All above features
- Batch Transcription
- Manually add speakers to your transcript for a cleaner export
- Supports Tiny (English Only), Tiny, Base, Medium and Large models
- Translate audio file into another language (use the Medium or Large models, the results will not be perfect and I'm working on more advanced ways to do this)
- One time payment, no subscription. Pay once and use forever.
- If you're a journalist, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell me about your work to get 50% off 🙂
After downloading MacWhisper you will have to fill in your license key to unlock all Pro features.
Currently in Development:
- Combine Segments into sentences
- Live transcribe Macbook audio (meetings etc)
- Save files to come back to them later
- Transcribe podcasts by combining single track audio for each host (MacWhisper Pro only)
- And plenty more.. Check out the Roadmap in the app to vote on what features you want me to add first.
Which version do you need?
You can download MacWhisper or MacWhisper Pro. MacWhisper is free and lets you transcribe audio with the Tiny and Base models. They're fast and very accurate, but for the best results you should consider MacWhisper Pro.
MacWhisper Pro comes with the Tiny (English), Medium and Large models, for industry leading transcription quality. Depending on your usecase you might want to use the Large version. You can always upgrade to the Pro version later.
You can download MacWhisper for free or you can support my work by getting MacWhisper Pro Please let me know if you run into anything.
100 Supported Languages
MacWhisper can transcribe audio in the following languages:
English, Chinese, German, Spanish, Russian, Korean, French, Japanese, Portuguese, Turkish, Polish, Catalan, Dutch, Arabic, Swedish, Italian, Indonesian, Hindi, Finnish, Vietnamese, Hebrew, Ukrainian, Greek, Malay, Czech, Romanian, Danish, Hungarian, Tamil, Norwegian, Thai, Urdu, Croatian, Bulgarian, Lithuanian, Latin, Maori, Malayalam, Welsh, Slovak, Telugu, Persian, Latvian, Bengali, Serbian, Azerbaijani, Slovenian, Kannada, Estonian, Macedonian, Breton, Basque, Icelandic, Armenian, Nepali, Mongolian, Bosnian, Kazakh, Albanian, Swahili, Galician, Marathi, Punjabi, Sinhala, Khmer, Shona, Yoruba, Somali, Afrikaans, Occitan, Georgian, Belarusian, Tajik, Sindhi, Gujarati, Amharic, Yiddish, Lao, Uzbek, Faroese, Haitian Creole, Pashto, Turkmen, Nynorsk, Maltese, Sanskrit, Luxembourgish, Myanmar, Tibetan, Tagalog, Malagasy, Assamese, Tatar, Hawaiian, Lingala, Hausa, Bashkir, Javanese, Sundanese.
MacWhisper requires a lot of computer memory to work well. To use the Medium and Large models your Mac should have more than 8GB of RAM. Performance on older Intel based Macs can also be bad but I have not been able to test this properly.
👨💻 Check out my other macOS utilities:
MacGPT - Use ChatGPT on your Mac and from your menubar
Text Assistant - Generate useful text and manage your prompts with GPT and your own OpenAPI key
Vivid - Double the brightness of your MacBook Pro by always using HDR mode
Forehead - Hide the Notch and round your MacBook corners
Cooldown - Quickly toggle Low Power Mode from your menubar
Speedy - Fast Speedtest in your menubar
Pippo - Improve the Picture-in-Picture video player with seek controls
Whisper was made by building on top of all the hard work from Georgi Gerganov, check out his Whisper implementation here: https://github.com/ggerganov/whisper.cpp